Adobe Audition 3 / CS5.5 question

Got Questions? Get Answers.

Adobe Audition 3 / CS5.5 question

Postby zxyz » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi fellow musicians,
Has anybody upgraded from Audition 2.0 to 3 but found it to be CS5.5 instead? CS5.5 has had less than favorable reviews and seems to be lacking in a few critical areas. Some of the envelope functions seems to be missing. Also, no tone generator, no metronome (not that the metronome is that important to me personally but ..) The mastering and auto phase correction is good though. I read they removed the "group clips", haven't checked that yet. Ideas or input? Was there even a 3.0, or just CS5.5 / I'm glad I still kept a machine with 2.0 though, -whew- !
Thanks in advance!
-Steve
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Re: Adobe Audition 3 / CS5.5 question

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:45 am

zxyz wrote:Hi fellow musicians,
Has anybody upgraded from Audition 2.0 to 3 but found it to be CS5.5 instead? CS5.5 has had less than favorable reviews and seems to be lacking in a few critical areas. Some of the envelope functions seems to be missing. Also, no tone generator, no metronome (not that the metronome is that important to me personally but ..) The mastering and auto phase correction is good though. I read they removed the "group clips", haven't checked that yet. Ideas or input? Was there even a 3.0, or just CS5.5 / I'm glad I still kept a machine with 2.0 though, -whew- !
Thanks in advance!
-Steve

audition 2.0 all the way. take away any envelope features and I'm pissed off. take away the "group clips" feature and I have no use for the software.

sometimes, upgrades suck. the tried and true treat ya right. of course, sometimes certain functions take on different names or end up in different menus with drastic upgrades - and sometimes they work slightly differently but equally effective. if you have the patience to weed through it to figure it out once again.

then again, I still like jiff peanut butter. and bloody red meat. plus, I don't wanna turn any of my songs into ringtones so be careful about taking any of what I say seriously.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Re: Adobe Audition 3 / CS5.5 question

Postby zxyz » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:20 am

Thanks for the input CJ! I knew you were a fellow-user of audition. Have you upgraded to win7 and had to do the change? The 5.5 seems more like a post-production software. I had to get a new pc; win7, (the old one crashed) so had to change over .. only 2 more years before microshaft pulls support for xp (bastids) , so AA2.0 bye-bye .. My studio pc still has AA2.0 and will never see the interweb again, and it's gonna stay that way. Keepin it cleeen (I hope) ..
zxyz

Location: Way out there somewhere ... maybe a parallel universe or something somewhat similar ..

Return to Recording