Anybody Use Melodyne

Got Questions? Get Answers.

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby Stevo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:56 pm

icararse wrote:
Steve Soucy wrote:
icararse wrote:I've been using Logic 7.3 for years now but I've never got into the architecture of it,I've always been able to do what I do without too much fuss but recently it would have been useful to send various instruments to a single effect and I never learnt the bus system,I would think all DAW'a are pretty much of a muchness so if anybody would like to tell me how it's done I would be infernally grateful.


I guess you're using a Mac?



Hi Steve,I am using a Mac,BTW I can't email you at the mo Mail.com seem to be having problems.



Doh! If yer on a Mac, I think you can disregard about 99% of what I've said, especially the "hard drives are cheap" part. And the whole FAT32 vs NTFS thing.

Sorry about that :tard:
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.
User avatar
Stevo
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 4:11 am

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby icararse » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:07 am

Stevo wrote:
icararse wrote:
Steve Soucy wrote:
icararse wrote:I've been using Logic 7.3 for years now but I've never got into the architecture of it,I've always been able to do what I do without too much fuss but recently it would have been useful to send various instruments to a single effect and I never learnt the bus system,I would think all DAW'a are pretty much of a muchness so if anybody would like to tell me how it's done I would be infernally grateful.


I guess you're using a Mac?



Hi Steve,I am using a Mac,BTW I can't email you at the mo Mail.com seem to be having problems.



Doh! If yer on a Mac, I think you can disregard about 99% of what I've said, especially the "hard drives are cheap" part. And the whole FAT32 vs NTFS thing.

Sorry about that :tard:


No probs,your advice was well intentioned. :D
Professional Wankmeister
I don't give a monkeys
User avatar
icararse
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:15 pm
Location: Somewhere Out There

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby Steve Soucy » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:26 am

I made a template for you. The drums and bass are assigned to outputs 3 & 4, but they are redirected back to outputs 1 & 2 with that little plug-in. And there's a group compressor on output 3 & 4. Maybe that will work for you.

I can't attach an ISO file, so you'll have to give me some place to send this to you...
the Sue and Steve Show

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
User avatar
Steve Soucy
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:09 am

Stevo wrote:Doh! If yer on a Mac, I think you can disregard about 99% of what I've said, especially the "hard drives are cheap" part. And the whole FAT32 vs NTFS thing.

Sorry about that :tard:

So much for us always thinking alike, Steve. ;-)

So, yeah, ic, Mac has a different file system, I believe. I'm not an expert on it, but I understand that FAT32 will provide the best compatibility between systems. However, if you're staying completely within Mac land, it's probably a moot point (i.e., if your entirely within Mac, not much reason to use NTFS or FAT32, at least as far as I know). Your Apple supplier, as you say, should indeed steer you in the right direction.

If your system is becoming unstable to the point where you can't even access certain files, then your situation is more dire than I realized, and you should stop using it until you get your backup drive.
Prunes!
User avatar
Jay
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:17 pm

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby icararse » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 am

Steve Soucy wrote:I made a template for you. The drums and bass are assigned to outputs 3 & 4, but they are redirected back to outputs 1 & 2 with that little plug-in. And there's a group compressor on output 3 & 4. Maybe that will work for you.

I can't attach an ISO file, so you'll have to give me some place to send this to you...



Thanks Steve,I really appreciate it.


:love: :love: :love:
Professional Wankmeister
I don't give a monkeys
User avatar
icararse
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:15 pm
Location: Somewhere Out There

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby icararse » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:57 am

Jay wrote:
Stevo wrote:Doh! If yer on a Mac, I think you can disregard about 99% of what I've said, especially the "hard drives are cheap" part. And the whole FAT32 vs NTFS thing.

Sorry about that :tard:

So much for us always thinking alike, Steve. ;-)

So, yeah, ic, Mac has a different file system, I believe. I'm not an expert on it, but I understand that FAT32 will provide the best compatibility between systems. However, if you're staying completely within Mac land, it's probably a moot point (i.e., if your entirely within Mac, not much reason to use NTFS or FAT32, at least as far as I know). Your Apple supplier, as you say, should indeed steer you in the right direction.

If your system is becoming unstable to the point where you can't even access certain files, then your situation is more dire than I realized, and you should stop using it until you get your backup


drive.



Thanks Jay.
Professional Wankmeister
I don't give a monkeys
User avatar
icararse
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:15 pm
Location: Somewhere Out There

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby twoleftfeet » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:07 am

[/quote]

Why doncha just try playing them chords, or singing them notes, in tune, Arse? Like a player or a singer.[/quote]

I presume you drive a car?Use an Aeroplane?Go on a train?


Why don't you walk everywhere?


I am guessing you are an amateur and or over sixty years old,a little history lesson for you,
[/quote]
Bwahahahaha!!!

Indeed, Arse, sixty five and a total amateur.

As for your Luddite reference: there is no labour saving in Melodyne. Only getting singers and players who can't sing (or play) in tune to sound like they're in tune. But you haven't saved any labour. And all you've got is a polished turd. But still a turd. If you want to save labour, get a singer, with real tone, and they'll knock it out for you in a take or two.

If you think Melodyning an average voice for 9 hours until it's in tune but still average is a good return for money, then bully for you. I'm from the Galbraith school of economics myself.

Otis Redding was pitchy live. Not many complaints though.

Good luck to ya. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa: there's a C# for you to practise.
Bright lights, big city, went to my baby's head.
twoleftfeet
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:56 pm

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 am

HA! lefty returns with a massive tood! I love that.

and in as much as I agree with him that using auto tune for faking is bogus and useless and will yield inferior results for more work, as well, I understand and commiserate that as a tool and as an effects addition, auto tune has a place.

and part of what turns the tide for each of us is what we treasure most. the style.

nobody wants a subpar singer ... on the other hand, putting together sessions long enough to complete a project to perfection for the DIY indie can be tough. if all I need is to correct two notes in a 4 minute song and it'll take one hour tomorrow to do it in between all the things that take place in a household, why not?

on the other hand, if I'm gonna try to rep a recording as what a live sound would be, lying and using it will only bite me in the ass later on ...

so there's lots of room for both schools of thought.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
User avatar
cjdenecia
 
Posts: 9829
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: inside your head

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby ROXI » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:31 am

cjdenecia wrote:HA! lefty returns with a massive tood! I love that.

and in as much as I agree with him that using auto tune for faking is bogus and useless and will yield inferior results for more work, as well, I understand and commiserate that as a tool and as an effects addition, auto tune has a place.

and part of what turns the tide for each of us is what we treasure most. the style.

nobody wants a subpar singer ... on the other hand, putting together sessions long enough to complete a project to perfection for the DIY indie can be tough. if all I need is to correct two notes in a 4 minute song and it'll take one hour tomorrow to do it in between all the things that take place in a household, why not?

on the other hand, if I'm gonna try to rep a recording as what a live sound would be, lying and using it will only bite me in the ass later on ...

so there's lots of room for both schools of thought.

The last four number one songs in the USA and the biggest money makers all used Autotune. Purest's....baa hum bug. Non musicians could really give a dam about what you are sayin' cj and they are the one spending the money and makin you a liked artist.


I will say it again....Purest's baa hum bug....go home.
In a world of Zombies, I'm alone with a match, a beer and a bong, and my heart has turned into stone. Glorify only what you want your child to emulate
User avatar
ROXI
 
Posts: 2809
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:09 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby cjdenecia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:54 am

well rox, as the holder of the two best indie songs on the internet, your voice comes over loud and clear - now, how about using as much autotune on our posts as you do on your vocal tracks cus I coulda swore you said with a very very flat tone - that nobody cares about what I say even tho I simply stated arguments for both pro and con.

and btw - using the criteria of the best 4 songs of the year, month, etc ... wow ... that's some litmus test. do you buy post raisin bran cus it's the most popular cereal or do you buy honey, nuts and oats cus as such a crotchedy ol' fart, you need something to soften your stool?

don't answer that - we already know. we hear your screams (more melo)
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
User avatar
cjdenecia
 
Posts: 9829
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: inside your head

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby Krispy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:01 am

Can I just point out that the lovely George Michael's had several number one hits and he said "if you're gonna do it, do it right (right)"?
To save time, assume I know everything
User avatar
Krispy
 
Posts: 6764
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:04 pm
Location: Little Bentcock, Englandshire

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby mistertroll » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:05 am

I was kind of impressed with this...




Played it several times.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and nobody gets hurt.

User avatar
mistertroll
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:58 pm
Location: Dallas!

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby Steve Soucy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:55 am

this just came today...

Dear blahblahblah,

Today begins the second round of our beta-testing of the new Melodyne editor. The stand-alone version has already been undergoing practical testing for around three weeks now (thanks, all you testers, for your great feedback!); now it’s being joined by the plug-in versions for Mac OS and Windows.

The plug-ins have been thoroughly tested for the latest versions of the following hosts: Digidesign Pro Tools 8.0.1, Ableton Live 8.0.5, Steinberg Cubase 5.1.0, and Apple Logic 9.0.2. They will also run flawlessly with many other applications or versions, but incompatibilities could still exist with older versions or particular configurations. Please report any problems in our forum. That will help us with the task of adapting to different hosts and versions.

Please note, when doing your testing, that the beta versions…
… are not compatible with data from the old Melodyne plugin (though the coming release version will be). You can therefore run Melodyne editor beta and Melodyne plugin at the same time
… are also not compatible with the coming release version of editor. It will therefore not be possible to carry on using data created by the beta plug-in with the release version (or else, you will have to bounce it first)

Before you now download your personal installer, we would like to draw your attention to our web site. There you will find three films that describe clearly the most important functions and operating procedures. Please take a look, it’s worth it!
You will also find the user manual and a few audio files, details on installation and activation, and our forum through which all communication regarding the beta-testing is being conducted. In the forum, you will also find a list of all bugs that have been discovered and already fixed.
http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=editor_beta

Another important point: your beta installer is generated for you individually and contains the license data from your myCelemony account. Your personal beta version will therefore only run on computers with an edition of Melodyne already installed and activated. Because of the missing license data, the beta version will not launch on new computers or computers on which Melodyne has been deactivated.
If you use an iLok for your existing Melodyne licenses, you must also operate this beta version with the iLok. It’s very simple, though, because when you download the installer, an iLok license of limited duration is sent automatically to your account. All you have to do is go to iLok.com and download it to your iLok.

Regardless of whether you have already been participating in the beta testing or are just starting now, here’s the link to your personal beta installer:
Your personal link to the beta version of Melodyne editor

We hope you will enjoy using the second beta version of the new Melodyne editor and look forward to your feedback.

Kindest regards,
all at Celemony
the Sue and Steve Show

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
User avatar
Steve Soucy
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 am

mistertroll wrote:I was kind of impressed with this...

The guy with the baby-blue shirt had the best voice.
Prunes!
User avatar
Jay
 
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:17 pm

Previous

Return to Recording

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron