[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4554: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4556: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4557: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4558: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3751)
Audio Refugees • View topic - Anybody Use Melodyne

Anybody Use Melodyne

Got Questions? Get Answers.

Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby icararse » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:39 pm

and if you do,Which One?
Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Re: Anybody Use Melodyne

Postby Steve Soucy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:20 pm

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby icararse » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby cjdenecia » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:29 pm

suedepudding is the master of melodyne. whether or not he reads this section of the forum - I don't know. but I've heard him turn water into wine with it.

personally, I just use a little bit of audition's pitch correction effect here and there on 'iffy' vocals and never on instruments - tho lately, I've been using Gsnap. again, subtle use only. if artifacts can be heard, I don't use 'em - which means, they are polishing tools only. tho at some point, I have been toying with using Gsnap as an effect - sorta like the way some rap and emo is done. but only on a special section of a song - or a specific part ... as an artistic gimmick.

it's really tough to break the habit of insisting parts be on pitch. I doubt I ever will.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby icararse » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:17 am

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Steve Soucy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:39 am

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.

~ Corrie Ten Boom
Steve Soucy

Postby twoleftfeet » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:53 am

Bright lights, big city, went to my baby's head.
twoleftfeet

Postby icararse » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:10 am

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby icararse » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:17 am

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby icararse » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:19 am

Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby icararse » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:26 pm

I thought I would add this quote from Taxi today just to educate the less educated among us!!!! :D

Re: A Shout out for Antares Autotune!
« Reply #37 Today at 7:26am »
Hi Rob
I agree artists should be able to sing in tune. I doubt anyone here would dissagree with that.
I think you will find that a lot of people on here use it to correct non-pro vocalists to create demos.
It goes a long way in polishing the turd that is my voice
When done subtlely on a good vox it is invisible to my ears.

A lot of those 60's tracks used edits from multiple takes. Kinda cheating?
Professional Wankmeister
icararse

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:52 pm

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Stevo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:52 pm

Stevo

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:20 pm