Got Questions? Get Answers.

And This!!!

Postby icararse » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Professional Wankmeister
I don't give a monkeys
icararse

Re: And This!!!

Postby cjdenecia » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:56 pm

Fans of the heavy metal group, Metallica, have had to wait five years for the band’s latest album, ‘Death Magnetic’ but the CD has provoked a rather unexpected response. Nearly 16,000 fans have signed an online petition saying the album’s too loud and they’re calling for it to be remixed or remastered.

anything that makes lars look like a twonk is ok with me.

interestingly, apparently none of the 16k expect lars to refund any of his cut for the sake of pleading stupid. too bad.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Postby Daniel Eboli » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Lol, Lars mixed it?

He is a good drumer but and horrible producer.

In like old Mtallica songs very much.

St anger is one of that things I will never understand.

Sounds preety bad
Daniel Eboli

Postby stephen » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Daniel Eboli wrote:In like old Mtallica songs very much.

St anger is one of that things I will never understand.

Sounds preety bad

Metallica hasn't been Metallica since ...and justice for all. That's both good and bad. Master of Puppets will always be my favorite metal album of all time.

They needed to evolve, which they did. Unfortunately they did not evolve into a sound I really cared for. But at the same time, if they remained the same, I would have probably got bored with that as well.

Megadeth is the perfect example. Mustaine refused to evolve more than he was forced to by contracts. He kept the same overall tone for Megadeth, which ultimately led to their, well....mega death.

I despised St Anger and Death Magnet. Horrible albums for Metallica IMHO. The only 2 I have never purchased. I tolerated the Black Album, Load, and even Reload. There were some decent gems on there and did open Metallica up to a broader audience. I admit I liked hearing some acoustic work from them and songs bordering on the experimental side.

But St Anger and Death Magnet seemed to be a "look at what we can still do" phase without really doing what they did. If that makes sense.

But it seems to be a double edge sword. Remain the same, become stagnant. Evolve, and risk losing your identity/audience.

I think Aerosmith is a great example of being able to accomplish both. Van Halen too for that matter. Hell even Bon Jovi is starting to realize where his head should be. Their new album is fantastic. Classic Bon Jovi.

Of course, from a business stand point, Metallica has without a doubt made all the right moves. So....depends on how you look at it.
I close my eyes and I feel the fear.
stephen

Postby jaymz » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:32 pm

stephen wrote:
Megadeth is the perfect example. Mustaine refused to evolve more than he was forced to by contracts. He kept the same overall tone for Megadeth, which ultimately led to their, well....mega death.

Yeah, when i listen to Wake Up Dead, I clearly hear all the overtones of Breadline :)
Take that! Hatless!
jaymz

Postby Chris K. » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Hell even Bon Jovi is starting to realize where his head should be. Their new album is fantastic. Classic Bon Jovi.

yeah, .... hmmm ... no ... unless you mean it sounds like a 40 something yr old guy trying to sing like he's 20 something and it's 1986 again ... LOL .. and sambora hasn't learned a new guitar lick since then either :rock:
Chris K.

Postby Stevo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Chris K. wrote:
Hell even Bon Jovi is starting to realize where his head should be. Their new album is fantastic. Classic Bon Jovi.

yeah, .... hmmm ... no ... unless you mean it sounds like a 40 something yr old guy trying to sing like he's 20 something and it's 1986 again ... LOL .. and sambora hasn't learned a new guitar lick since then either :rock:

heh - perhaps there is hope for you after all, Chris :P
If they ever come up with a swashbuckling school, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something.
Stevo

Postby cjdenecia » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:51 am

Chris K. wrote:

pretty strong callout from a guy who just posted all of colorado's rehashing history top charts methinks.
you can't handle the truth.

nor do you want to ...
cjdenecia

Return to Recording